Every year, more than a million tickets are issued throughout Washington State. Most drivers simply pay their tickets. Many do not understand that there are ways to fight speeding tickets nor do they understand the potential ramifications of paying a traffic fine, which equates to admission of guilt. Others attempt to fight their ticket on their own, without the experience or legal tools to ensure the best result. And most recently, other unsuspecting drivers hire referral services without knowing what attorney they are hiring, what the attorney's experience or training might be, and therefore also do not ensure the best result.
At Heritage Law Office we offer a full-service traffic defense practice. Do not pay your traffic ticket without considering the long-term effects it may have on your life. We have represented thousands of clients with a wide range of traffic matters and each client has a different reason for fighting the infraction, such as the potential for losing employment, losing driving privileges, or keeping auto insurance rates from increasing. Just some of the infractions that we are able to assist with include:
- Speeding Tickets, School Zone and Construction Zone Speeding
- Speed Too Fast for Conditions
- Infractions Received as a Result of an Accident
- Following Too Close
- Negligent Driving 2nd degree
- Operating Without Insurance
- Stopping, Improper Lane Changes, and Turning Violations
- Failure to Yield for Emergency Vehicles
- Failure to Obey Traffic Control Devices
- Cell Phone or Seat Belt Violations
- Failure to Appear in Court for a Traffic Violation
- CDL Infractions
Why hire an attorney to fight a traffic ticket?
By contesting your traffic ticket with an attorney on your side, you may be able to:
- Avoid large court fines
- Avoid having the ticket on your record
- Avoid be long term rate increases on your auto insurance
- Avoid a DOL license suspension and SR22 insurance requirements
- Avoid having to go to court
- Avoid employment issues
- Avoid loss of a CDL
Responding to the Infraction
It is your responsibility to respond to all traffic infractions within 15 days from when the ticket is received. If you fail to do so within the 15 days, some courts will refuse you the right of a hearing or require you to pay an additional Fail to Appear (FTA) fee before giving you a hearing. Some courts are very strict on the 15 days, so do not delay in responding. If in question about what to do, request a contested hearing. You can always change from a contested hearing to admitting, deferring, or mitigating, but failing to respond gives you no options.
To do so, you sign the infraction and selecting your request for a contested hearing or a mitigation hearing, or you may simply return the ticket to the court with the fine by check.
Whether to Hire Heritage Law Office?
At Heritage Law Office, we serve clients throughout Eastern, Central and Western Washington. If you have received a speeding ticket, let us put our experience to work for you. Being located in Cle Elum allows us to be centralized in the State, as we are familiar with the courts and better able to assist our clients with infractions throughout the State. Honesty and trustworthiness is our highest priority, so if we cannot assist you, we will refer you to another qualified attorney. There are also times we will explain why you should not hire any attorney!
Why hire an attorney who is not local and familiar with the court? Frequently out-of-area attorneys charge extra for travel and they are not familiar with the courts. We concentrate in traffic defense to provide clients with the knowledgeable representation they require. We have a strong knowledge of local court procedures, judges and prosecutors. Using our knowledge of the law and our experience in traffic defense, we will provide a vigorous defense on your behalf.
The Process to Hire Heritage Law Office
- Give us a call and we will email you a representation agreement for you to complete online and submit. It can be done on a phone, iPad or computer.
- If you feel more comfortable completing a PDF to either mail, fax or email to us, please call or email us. We will gladly send one to you.
- After it is submitted, we will receive the information and will start working on your case by the next business day.
- Within 1-2 business days following submission of your Representation Agreement (online or PDF), we will send you an email confirmation, as well as an invoice so you can pay online with a card. You may also pay via PayPal or check.
- You will also need to respond to the ticket. To do so, mark the box that says Contested Hearing, insert your contact information, sign, and mail directly to the court. Many courts are very strict about the response being postmarked no later than 15 days after the infraction was issued, so you must mail the original traffic infraction to the court within 15 days. If you do not do so, the court can deny you a contested hearing and find the infraction committed, in which case, we do not offer a full refund.
- Just as a reminder, court notices are mailed to the address on file with the Department of Licensing. If you have moved or changed addresses recently, you should verify they have the correct address. You may change your address on line at: DOL
- There is nothing more that you will need to do after completing the agreement and mailing the ticket to the court requesting a contested hearing within 15 days from when you received the ticket.
- Heritage Law Office will handle the contested hearing so you do not need to be there (although you can attend if you wish) and we will email you after the contested hearing with all of the details on the outcome.
Heritage Law Office has not been retained to represent you in this matter until you have completed and submitted the online agreement or PDF agreement and made payment. If you do not receive an email confirmation within 1-2 business days after submission please contact us by phone at 509-899-5375 or by email.
Contact Heritage Law Office Today Regarding a Traffic Infraction
We serve clients in Kittitas County and throughout Eastern, Central and Western Washington. For a free consultation, contact our law office in Cle Elum and Ellensburg. For assistance, call 509-899-5375 or by email.